What is Rural Youth?
Rural Youth is a group of people aged between 15 and 30 years coming together to make friends, learn skills and work towards Growing Rural Tasmania.
But I don't live or work on a farm?
That is OK! Not all members live or work on farms. In many instances the only thing members have in common is that they are young people interested in developing themselves, meeting new people and having fun.
What opportunities are there?
- Training (eg. Advanced driver training, forklift licence, RSA)
- Interstate and international study tours
- Leadership and mentoring
- Individual and Team competitions
- Young Farmer of the Year Competition
How do I join?
What are the benefits of becoming a member?
- Friends, Fun, Training and Travel!
- Free Entry to Agfest
- 75% subsidy on any approved short cost or training you wish to organise yourself (eg. first aid, adult education). Up to $250 per year.
- Up to 7.5% rebate on the cost of your private Health Insurance
- Free accommodation and meals on site if volunteering for Agfest
- Rural Youth State Ball
- Road Trips and weekends away
- Sports Challenges
- Working Bees
- Anything you want to do! Rural Youth is run by its members for its members!
How can I get involved with volunteering at Agfest?
All of our volunteers at Agfest are Rural Youth Members, simply fill out an interested membership form and we will send you some more information.
Can I hire the Agfest site?
You certainly can! Contact Rural Youth Head Office for more information!